Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Bike Ride and "So Cute" Stuff

On Thursday Michael and I decided to try out the bikes. I haven't ridden a bike in at least 5 years. The last time I rode was in Ocean City, NJ. We were riding down the street when Michael yelled at me to stop because he thought I didn't see a car. I stopped so suddenly I fell off. That was the last time I rode.

We decided to go to a place that was away from traffic and pretty flat so I could get used to the bike. I hate hand brakes and it takes me a while to get accustomed to braking. The riding is fine but I am not always able to come to a sudden stop without thinking I'm going to fall. I just want a bke with coaster brakes. Tha is the only kind of bike I feel comfortable riding.

We made it the entire 2 mile trail without incident. Then I began to get light headed from too much sun. Luckily the bike I was riding has an electric power assist. I was able to zip back the 2 miles and get out of the sun and take a drink. Alls well that ends well.

Saturday we went to a craft festival and today we did a little shopping. This island is filled with so much stuff that is "so cute". I could buy stuff all day. Luckily all I bought was a shirt and a hat. I have decided not to buy anything unless I love it.

Tomorrow I start a new decade with a trip to Walt Disney World!

No comments:

Post a Comment